Fix RDP Error “CredSSP encryption oracle remediation”
If you have already updated, you will get an error when doing the remote as shown below:
To fix this, you can change the encryption on your Windows. Here is the tutorial:
- First, open gpedit.msc via the run button. Then navigate to: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Credentials Delegation
- Edit the Oracle Remediation Encryption settings by double-clicking on the menu.
- After that, Settings to Enable , and change the Protection Level womanly Vulnerable .
- Finally, click Apply and then click Ok.
If you are a Windows home user you may not be able to access Gpedit.msc. You can edit the settings in regedit.
- First open Registry Editor(Regedit).
- Then navigate to:
Then click CredSSP on the bottom menu, if it’s not there, right-click System > New Key.
- After that, double click AllowEncryptionOracle on the right pane. Then change the Value to 2. If AllowEncryptionOracle doesn’t exist, right click on the right pane > New > DWORD. then name it AllowEncryptionOracle.
- Finally click OK then Restart your Windows.
Done. You can try reconnecting your RDP.
That’s all for this tutorial, hopefully the CredSSP error doesn’t appear again and hopefully it’s useful.