Blog.SSHKIT.com — How to Fix Microsoft Office Bootstrapper Error. When installing Microsoft Office, you may find errors when the install process is running, one of which is “Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working” . Bootstrapper itself serves to initialize applications to simplify the installation process. To resolve this error, you can follow the methods below.
Solving Microsoft Office Bootstrapper Error
There are several things you can do to overcome and prevent this error, here is a summary.
The first solution is that you can disable the antivirus you are using. After turning off the antivirus, you can try the Microsoft Office installation process again.
Deleting the AppCompatFlags Directory
The next method is to delete the AppCompatFlags directory in the system registry.
1. First open the registry editor in the start menu.
2. Then in the directory bar, enter:
3. Right-click on the Appcompatflags folder and then click Delete.
Troubleshooting Using Microsoft Fix-It tool.
If all the methods above have not worked, you can fix the error using the Microsoft Fix-It tool application.
1. Before that, download the application using the link below:
2. After that open the application. Then click Next and wait for the process.
3. After that, select Installing.
4. Then select the Office 16 program . And then click Next .
5. After that, click Yes, try uninstall . Then wait for the repair process, when it’s finished, restart your Windows.
6. Finally, try to install your Microsoft Office again.
That’s it for the tutorial ” How to Fix Microsoft Office Bootstrapper Error “ , now you can install Microsoft Office without a hitch and hopefully it will be useful.