Blog.SSHKIT.com — How to Change Default Browser Windows 11. In Windows 10, changing default browser is very easy. However, on Windows 11 you have to do some more settings. In order to promote their Edge browser, Microsoft by default makes Edge the default browser on Windows 11. Luckily you can change it in Settings, although Microsoft makes the process less clear and more difficult. Here is the tutorial.
Changing Default Browser Windows 11
To change your Windows 11 default browser, you need to make a few change.
1. First, open the Settings application by pressing Win + I on your keyboard. Or you can open it use the Start Menu.
2. On the Settings menu, click “ Apps ” and then click “ Default Apps ”.
3. Then, in the search box under “ Set Default for Applications ” , type the name of your browser that you want to be the default browser in Windows 11 (Chrome or firefox). Then, click His name in the results box below.
4. On the next menu, you will see several file extensions that you can change. To change it you have to click on each of these types and select the browser you are using. For starters, click the application box in the .HTM section .
5. Then a pop up will appear, click the browser you want to use and then click OK.
6. After that click Switch Anyway .
7. After you change the browser default to .HTM, repeat the above steps with .HTML, .SHTML, .XHT, .XHTML, HTTP, and HTTPS. Click each entry, then set the association to your browser of choice. When you’re done, you’ll have a list of default apps full of associations to the browser you want to use.
Maybe this is little bit complicated, but in a way you are more free to use the browser that you often use instead of using Edge. Hope it is useful.